Lies Husbands and Wives Tell

by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

It’s no secret that spouses keep secrets from each other.  Some are more severe than others and many involve extramarital affairs.  However, there are lies that are told, that can literally cause a divorce.  Here are some of them:

1.  Lying about a gambling problem or spending money on drugs.

2.  Lying about trust fund checks, secret bank accounts or other income.

3.  Lying about being fired from work.

4.  Lying about past debts like unpaid credit card bills or student loans.

5.  Lying about getting a big bonus or raise.

6.  Lying about supporting a former spouse or former girl friend or boyfriend.

7.  Lying about having kids from another relationship.

8.  Lying about paying household expenses when they are in fact not paid.

9.  Lying about lottery winnings, and online or TV shopping addictions.

These lies break the trust between a husband and wife.  They also cause real problems with bill paying, and wreak havoc on family finances.  If you are the victim, you may be better off single.  For more information about this or other divorce topics, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 8335 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at for more information.

Bad Marriage — 7 Situations That Lead To Divorce Court

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

I am not a shrink, I am a divorce lawyer.  But over the years in my divorce practice, I have made some observations.  The recurring marriage themes that lead husbands and wives to becoming clients sitting in my office are as follows:

1.  Lack of respect.  2. Lack of intimacy. 3.   Physical or mental abuse.  4. Money problems.

5. Addictions.  6. Mistrust.  7. Miscommunication.

Oftentimes, several of these marital problems exist together.  There are two ways to deal with a bad marriage:  fix it or bail.  If you want to fix it, professional help is often warranted. This could be anything from Alcoholics Anonymous to marriage counseling to anger management classes.  Your spouse has to admit there is a problem, and you have to take some responsibility too.

If you have tried to fix a broken marriage and are resolved to go the divorce path as the only way out, talk to a divorce lawyer.  At a consultation, a divorce lawyer should learn about all the facts of the marriage and apply the Florida divorce law to those facts.  Rights, options, and various and possible outcomes should be reviewed and discussed.  It is important to have realistic expectations and know that the wheels of justice turn ever so slowly.  Divorce is a lengthy process.  For more information, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A.   at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at for more information.  


What To Do If Your Spouse Has A Paramour.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

If you and your spouse are separated, and there is a boyfriend or girlfriend in the picture, how do you handle such a situation?

The best advice is that everyone should mind their own business.  But when it comes to harassment, stalking or bad behavior, that is unacceptable.  A call to the police is.   And a police report will be written.

If a girlfriend or boyfriend is bothering the spouse, by stalking or telephone calls, the recourse is to get a restraining order or an injunction for protection.  And vice versa, if the spouse is stalking or telephoning the paramour, it is up to the boyfriend or girlfriend to get a restraining order against the spouse.

Florida is a no fault state.  Once divorce papers are filed, stbxs can date, have sex outside the marriage, get into a serious love relationship.  However, if it effects marital funds  (dissipation of marital assets) or children,  or there is annoying, harassing behavior, the courts can and will put a stop to it.  For more information call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at

The Holidays and a BAD marriage.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

The holidays can be hell for those of you who are in miserable marriages.  You are stuck doing “the family thing” with no diversion, no escape…  You are constantly reminded of why you work too much, garden too much, shop too much, go over to your neighbors house too much, to try to get away.  Your marriage is broken for whatever reason, and there are too many marital problems.  You are stressed to the max and want to scream.

Your coping mechanisms are challenged at this time of year.  You are trying to hold it together for the kids.   Also, you don’t want to let on to your extended family members and friends that anything is wrong.  You don’t know how to fix it either.  You are living in your own cell.

What to do?  Try to make the best of a bad situation.  Then after the holidays, SEE A LAWYER.  For more information about your rights, and your options, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at

“Irreconcilable Differences” and Other Divorce Terms You Should Know.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

 Two requirements for divorce in the state of Florida are residency and irreconcilable differences.  Without these two conditions being admitted to in fact, a divorce cannot be granted.  What exactly does it mean to have irreconcilable differences?  Residency?  And what other terms are divorce related in Florida?

“Irreconcilable differences” means that not under any circumstances, even with marriage counseling, can the marriage be repaired or saved…and that the marriage is “irretrievably broken”.   “Residency” means that a person must live, work, have possessions, drivers license, lease, or deed to property, and eat and sleep in the state of Florida for 6 months prior to filing for a “divorce action”.  “Action” means “lawsuit” in the courts.  When your attorney files a divorce case, he or she is really filing for a “dissolution of marriage”.  “Dissolution” means to dissolve a legal relationship, i.e. the marriage.  “Child support” is easy to define.  It is the monies to which a child is entitled to from BOTH parents.  “Alimony” is the spousal support from one spouse to the other.  Sometimes alimony and child support are classified as “undifferentiated support”.  Attorneys fees from one party to another puts the divorcing parties “on equal footing”.  “Deposition” is the formal questioning of a party “under oath” in discovery of financial facts of the marriage and can also encompass affairs, living arrangements, income, expenses, trips, and just about anything else an “opposing counsel” wishes to ask.  “Temporary relief”  is the support and timesharing of children established pending the divorce “proceedings”.  These terms to live by are temporary until a “final judgment” is entered by the judge.  “A court order on divorce” is enforceable by the court.  A “final judgment” is the actual “divorce decree” when the whole thing is finished and signed by the judge. 

For more information call one of the attorneys at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at