Divorce Consultations Are Very Telling

Hot Topics in Divorce Blog

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire West Palm Beach, Florida

If you are not sure about the state of your marriage, it can never hurt to SECRETLY consult with a divorce lawyer.  A consultation will do many things:  it will help you understand your marital rights;  it will help you determine how to protect your assets and your children;  it will help you decide whether to go to marriage counseling, reconcile, or move forward with the divorce, and further, when and how to time the filing for divorce.

Divorce lawyers ask a lot of questions.  They also provide a lot of information which can ease your mind.  For a complete list of documents to bring to a consultation, see the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com for more information, or call one of the divorce lawyers at 561-835-9091.

View original post

Making Decision To Divorce

Hot Topics in Divorce Blog

by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

Remember the way you felt when you knew  you wanted to marry your spouse?  You were about to make a life changing decision.   Making the decision to divorce is even more difficult.  It is life changing for certain, but to put it bluntly, it is messy and unpleasant even under the best of circumstances.

If you are not sure what to do, but you know something is not right with the marriage, first consult with a marriage counselor or therapist.  Or if there is an open line of communication with your spouse, try to discuss the situation with him/her.  Of course, where there is drinking or drug use, or abuse and violence, this will not work.  But know that it is a process to get to the point where you know you want to consult with a divorce lawyer about your legal…

View original post 108 more words

One Spouse Wants Divorce, Other Does Not…

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

If you have decided to move out and on from your bad marriage, according to Florida law, you DO NOT have to ask your spouse for permission to divorce.  You just need to meet the residency requirement of the State of Florida, which is living here more than 6 months, and you need to declare in your divorce petition and also in open court at final hearing that irreconcilable differences exist between the parties.

However, your spouse must have his/her due process rights protected, so you either must serve divorce papers through the sheriff or a process server, OR your spouse must waive service of process by signing and filing a waiver.   If you have decided to divorce but are not sure of the procedure, contact one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or look for more information on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com.