by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida As a divorce lawyer, I see the bad in very good people. Over the years, I have noticed some recurring themes in my clients or their spouses, that lead me to understand why the marriage failed. Here are some of the more obvious behaviors that lead couples to divorce:
1. Disrespect. When the respect for each other is gone, the marriage cannot be saved.
2. Unmet needs. If the spouses “grow apart” leaving each with unmet needs, what more is there to hold onto.
3. Being critical, judgmental. These are personal attacks upon someone you are supposed to be in love with.
4. Being in love with someone else. This one is obvious.
5. Blaming without taking responsibility. A marriage does not fail because of just one side.
If you recognize yourself or or spouse in any of these examples, either get to a marriage counselor, or get to a divorce lawyer. For more information about the divorce process, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com.