Working the System! Name Change

by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

In normal circumstances in Palm Beach County, to change one’s name requires a petition to the court for a change of name. This costs at least the filing fee, if not more for the attorney, and also requires a court hearing.  However, in divorce cases, a change of name for the wife comes as part of the divorce process.  A wife can have her name changed back to her former name or maiden name without a petition for name change, and without paying a filing fee for a court hearing, as these are included in her original petition for dissolution of marriage.  

In other words, a wife can change her name during divorce proceedings without paying anything to do so.   There are many ways to “work the system”.  For more information call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s