What If I Don’t Like The Divorce Judge’s Ruling?

by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

You have lasted months or years under the stress of the divorce process.  You finally get to trial.  Now you think the judge made an error of fact or law.  You do not agree with the judge’s decision. AND HAVE A LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH TO DISAGREE. What can you do?

You have several steps:  file a MOTION FOR REHEARING to go before the same judge.  In this motion for rehearing, you must point out any error of fact or law for the judge to reconsider.  Just because you simply disagree with the ruling, does not mean you have a legal reason to get it changed.

If the judge considers and denies your motion for rehearing, hire this Firm or another to file a NOTICE OF APPEAL on your behalf in the higher court, the Fourth District Court of Appeal, which is for Palm Beach County.  If there is a legal basis for an appeal, i.e. abuse of discretion, error of fact or law, you may win a reversal on appeal.  This is another involved process and takes time and money.  But ultimately, you may have satisfaction if the judge’s decision in the lower court gets overturned or remanded back for reconsideration.

For more information about this or other divorce topics, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, PA at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s