by Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
There are many issues in a divorce that has children involved, both the legal and the psychological. I will address the legal issues today and the psychological issues in another writing.
Legal issues involving the children of divorcing parents include:
1. Time sharing (or what used to be called “custody”).
2. Health insurance (children MUST be covered in the State of Florida).
3. Schools (private or public)
4. After school care or activities
5. Relocation with minor children or geographic restrictions
6. Child support
7. The parents’ significant others
8. The parents relationship with each other (shared parental responsibility)
9. Uncovered medical/dental bills
10. Housing must be clean and safe
These are the issues that must be addressed in any marital settlement agreement or final judgment of divorce by trial if there are children involved. For more information about this or other divorce topics, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.