By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
Your spouse may be getting you deeper into debt without your knowledge or permission! You know about your mortgage, your HELOC, college tuition and the like. But what you may not know can be harmful to your personal financial health.
Below is a partial list of some of the things you may be liable for without even knowing it:
1. Your husband or wife purchased a new car on your good credit.
2. Your spouse may be stockpiling things like socks, underwear, tennis outfits, shoes, running up department store bills on department store credit cards.
3. Your husband or wife booked a vacation on your Amex or other card.
4. Your husband or wife took and apartment and is furnishing it on your good credit.
5. Your husband or wife is supporting a girlfriend/boyfriend, mother/father, or grown kids from another marriage.
6. Your spouse may be secretly sending money out of the country to support extended family members.
These are just a few of many examples of marital debt you may be incurring without your knowledge and permission. In divorce cases, it is important for your lawyer to ask the right questions to uncover the unknown. If you are thinking about getting a divorce in Palm Beach County, Florida, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com for more information.