When Does Your Child Need An Attorney?

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

You are going through a divorce and your and your spouse cannot agree.  Well that is why you are splitting anyway.  But it is more severe than that.  You have a child or children and don’t know how to deal with them.  When one or both parents are adversarial to the child, the child may get an attorney of his/her own to advocate for the best interests of the child.  For example,  if the parents wish to invade a trust for the child,  in protecting an inheritence, college fund, separate bank accounts from either or both parents, an attorney is needed for the child.  It is usually where one or both the parents wish to claw back monies given to the child over time or by inheritence and the child’s interests are threatened that is when a child needs their own attorney.

The court will direct which parent or both will pay for these legal services.  If the child has big assets, it may even come from the child’s own funds.  For more information about this or other divorce topics in Palm Beach County, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A.at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com for more information.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s