Child Time Sharing And A Spouse Who Won’t

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

I often get the question from clients who complain that their stbx or their ex spouse does not take the children when he/she is supposed to.   They want to make plans but at the last minute there is always some excuse as to why he/she can’t take the kids at his/her appointed time.  What to do?

You cannot legally force a parent to take their children during their appointed time sharing.  What you can do is go back into court for more child support based upon the fact that the child support in place was determined with consideration of the attached time sharing schedule.  If that is not going to be honored, leaving a parent with significantly more time sharing than anticipated, that parent needs more child support monies for the additional time he/she has the kids.

What you need is a modification of child support and time sharing based upon an involuntary and substantial change in circumstances.   Our divorce attorneys can help you.  Please call for a consultation at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at for more information.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s