By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
So much to do, so little time. Post divorce problems always arise following the final hearing and the judge’s stamp on the final divorce decree.
If your divorce was resolved by a settlement agreement or by trial, there are duties post dissolution, to transfer assets, pay off debts, execute documents, name changes on licenses, and the big one, adjustment to single life or single parent.
From a legal standpoint here are some typical tasks that need to be addressed post divorce:
1. Title to your car or other vehicles such as boats, motorcycles etc.
2. Title to real estate
3. Division of retirement plans
4. Paying off creditors/credit cards
5. Paying or receiving child support or alimony
6. Refinancing of marital home or other real estate
7. Changing beneficiaries on life insurance policies or taking out a new life insurance policy
8. Redoing a will or other testamentary documents
9. Investment planning
10. Getting a new health insurance policy.
Think about your legal life including name changes on driver’s license and passport. You will realize that post divorce there is much to do if you are going to obey court orders. For more information about getting divorced in Palm Beach County, Florida, call the experienced divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561 835 9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com for more information.