By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
There are certain requirements to getting a divorce in Palm Beach County, Florida. Below is a check list:
1. You must file a financial affidavit.
2. You must attend mediation prior to going to court.
3. You must take a 4 hour parenting class either in person or online, with or without your spouse, if minor children are involved in this divorce.
4. You must declare the marriage irretrieveably broken.
5. You or your spouse must be a resident of the State of Florida for 6 months prior to filing for divorce.
6. You or your spouse must be on notice that the divorce is pending.
7. One of you must want a divorce.
If you are getting divorced in Palm Beach County, Florida, and want more information, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.