What To Do If Your Spouse Has A Paramour.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

If you and your spouse are separated, and there is a boyfriend or girlfriend in the picture, how do you handle such a situation?

The best advice is that everyone should mind their own business.  But when it comes to harassment, stalking or bad behavior, that is unacceptable.  A call to the police is.   And a police report will be written.

If a girlfriend or boyfriend is bothering the spouse, by stalking or telephone calls, the recourse is to get a restraining order or an injunction for protection.  And vice versa, if the spouse is stalking or telephoning the paramour, it is up to the boyfriend or girlfriend to get a restraining order against the spouse.

Florida is a no fault state.  Once divorce papers are filed, stbxs can date, have sex outside the marriage, get into a serious love relationship.  However, if it effects marital funds  (dissipation of marital assets) or children,  or there is annoying, harassing behavior, the courts can and will put a stop to it.  For more information call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s