By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
You may have your suspicions, but how do you actually catch a cheater?
Let me count the ways…
1. WATCH THE MONEY. Having a girlfriend is like a luxury item…it costs money. Look on your bank statements for cash withdrawals, ATM use, credit card statements, investment account withdrawals and the like. You may find unusual activity. Photocopy everything!
2. CHECK THE CELL PHONE. Repeat numbers dialed, or repeat calls received is good evidence. Also, when your spouse is in the shower or watching his/her favorite football team/tv show, check the text messages. You would be surprised at what you will find.
3. PAY ATTENTION TO HOW LONG HE/SHE SITS AT THE COMPUTER. He/she may be on a dating web site such as match.com or communicating with a lover. There are forensic computer technicians who can come in when your spouse is not home and can copy the hard drive.
4. NOTATE HIS/HER COMINGS AND GOINGS. Is your spouse out of the house most of the time? Does he/she come in at all hours of the night?
5. HIRE A PRIVATE EYE. This is how you get a lot of information. And photos.
For more information about divorce tips and the law, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at http://www.familylawwpb.com.