Communitcating with your stbx.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

If you have already moved out of the marital home, and the divorce papers are already filed, how do you communicate with your spouse?

It depends upon the circumstances.   If you both have lawyers, let your lawyers do your talking.  You don’t want to tell your spouse one thing while your the lawyers are discussing something else in trying to protect your rights.

If you do not have a lawyer yet, get one.  Let your spouse go “naked” while you have someone who knows divorce law, and is on your side.  It will then be up to your spouse to decide whether or not to retain an expert advisor to protect his/her interests.

Sometimes lawyers and courts allow parties to discuss ONLY the children and children’s issues between them.  This keeps anger, animosity, vindictiveness out of the equation, and avoids mistakes in the divorce settlement terms.

For more information about this or other divorce issues, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s