Exposing children to your STBX’s boyfriend/girlfriend.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

Your soon to be ex now has another relationship.  He/she has moved out and on,  leaving you with the bag of problems and challenges.  You realize you are (pick one:) angry, bitter, vindictive, hurt, and want to get even.  You are dealing with your own emotional and financial problems of paying bills, holding onto your job, raising the children, etc. and you are overwhelmed.

Now he/she brings another person into the equation…the girlfriend/boyfriend.  Your children are exposed.  What to do?  If the other person is an upstanding human being, and is nice to your kids, be grateful.  If the other person is a felon, drug dealer, abuser, or generally not a good role model, go for major timesharing, right of first refusal, or in extreme cases, sole custody. 

The court’s job is to protect children.  Do what you can under the law to accomplish this.  For more information call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s