Exposing children to YOUR new relationship.

By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

The flip side of exposing children to your STBX’s new boyfriend/girlfriend, is exposing children to YOUR new relationship.  How do you go about this tactfully, with care and sensitivity so the children feel comfortable?

Do it slowly.  Tell your children about this new person in your life; that they will never take the place of the other parent; but that this person is good to you, good for you, etc.  Set the tone so the children are accepting on their own.

Be aware, if this new person in your life is a low life, or treats the children badly, you can bank on having trouble from your spouse or ex spouse, and rightfully so.  Children need protection and if you have poor judgment, the court will protect them for you.  For more information about your rights or other questions, call one of the divorce lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s