By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
If you are thinking about divorce, it is time to think about gaining or regaining your independence. The following tips will help you in becoming whole again:
1. Get your own cell phone account.
2. Get a credit card in your name only.
3. Get a Post Office Box or some other place where you can receive mail without the possibility of your spouse intercepting your private communications, including letters from your divorce lawyer.
4. Open a bank account in your name only.
5. Put jewelry and other small valuables in a safe or safety deposit box.
6. Get your own email account.
7. Separate and remove or photo copy important papers.
8. Find a better place to put the car keys.
9. Take photos of personal property in the marital home.
10. Think about things you share with your spouse, for example luggage, and get your own.
By doing these things, you will gain a mind set of being an individual, instead of being one half of a whole.
For more information about divorce, consult with one of the attorneys at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.