What to do if you want a divorce but are not sure what to do.

Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida

You want out of the marriage.  But you don’t know what the finances are, you don’t pay the bills, you don’t control the money.  You have been totally taken care of by the breadwinning spouse.  What to do?

In the case of a “totally taken care of” spouse, who knows nothing about the “business” of the marriage, there is only one answer…hire an attorney.

This is because an attorney will know that in the divorce process, you are entitled to subpeona certain records from the opposing party.  The attorney will know how to take your spouse’s deposition to “discover” what it is that needs to be discovered.  In cases such as these, where one spouse has total control over another, and where trust has been essential and breached, only an attorney can get the ammunition to get you the rightful results.  Otherwise,  you can’t stand up to this type of controlling spouse…you will fail at protecting your rights.

A consultation with a divorce lawyer is a good place to start.  It will give you an overall view of the divorce process and you will feel better because you will be able to put a plan into place.

For more information about this or other divorce topics, consult with one of the attorneys at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s