By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
You want out of the marriage. But you are used to being with another person for years and years. It’s time to start thinking about yourself as as separate individual.
Here are some of the things you need to think about:
1. Having your own cell phone account.
2. Getting your mail somewhere other than your marital residence.
3. Setting up a bank account in your name only.
4. Putting passwords on your family computer or getting your own pc.
5. Get a credit card in your name only.
6. Filing your own tax returns.
7. Stop sharing things like luggage; get your own.
8. Keep your car keys hidden.
9. Don’t leave jewelry around.
10. Make yourself whole and independent any way you can.
For more advice about divorce, please call on one of the lawyers at ROBIN ROSHKIND, P.A. at 561-835-9091 or click on the Firm’s web site at www.familylawwpb.com.