By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
You have done all your discovery. The pleadings are in order. You have been to mediation with your spouse and you could not agree on a settlement. Now it is time to prepare to go before the divorce court judge.
How is it best to prepare. Follow the following checklist:
1. KNOW YOUR FINANCES. You have produced a financial affidavit, and other documents. Know what they say. Review and review some more.
2. KNOW YOUR ISSUES. Think about where you and your spouse have differing opinions. Think about how you want this resolved.
3. ADDRESS WHERE YOUR SPOUSE WILL ATTACK. Know the weaknesses of your case.
4. ROLE PLAY. Practice with your attorney on answering key questions.
5. FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF YOUR ATTORNEY. He or she has done this before.
For more information about preparing for your divorce court hearing or other information, click on the Robin Roshkind, P.A. website at www.familylawwpb.com or consult with one of the attorneys at the Firm by calling for an appointmentat 561-835-9091.