By Robin Roshkind, Esquire, West Palm Beach, Florida
With many businesses faultering, income down, credit tightened, and the bad economy, NOW might just be the right time to divorce. Here’s why:
Take a husband who owns a car dealership, for example, and he is married to a stay at home wife. Car sales have tanked, customers can’t get credit and income is way down for him. It is a much better time now for him to get a divorce than it was a year and a half ago when business was booming.
Or take the example of a working wife who was the major breadwinner of the family, working as a mortgage broker two years ago. She might have been pulling in a six figure income witih large bonuses back then. Now she is out of work. If this was a long term marriage, as a working mortgage broker earning quite a nice living, she might have been on the line for alimony to the husband. Now she has no job and now is the time for her to divorce.
Of course every marriage is different. But there are some details to think about:
1. The length of the marriage.
2. The relative incomes of the parties.
3. Who is the breadwinner of the family.
4. Who was the breadwinner of the family.
5. Small business owners doing poorly can benefit by divorcing now, rather than waiting for the economy to pick up.
6. There is less to fight over.
For more information, click on the Firm’s website at www.familylawwpb.com or consult with one of the attorneys at Robin Roshkind, P.A. by calling 561-835-9091.