By Robin Roshkind, Esquire – West Palm Beach, Florida
When the divorce becomes final, and after the sadness/gladness sets in, there are certain things one must do at this moment in time. Here is a suggested checklist for after the divorce:
- Follow the terms of the marital settlement agreement or the judge’s order.
- Make sure your ex does the same. If not, you can file a motion for enforcement or contempt of court.
- Pay off your lawyer and pick up your file. You probably have some original documents there.
- Purge yourself of all signs and memories of him/her.
- Get out of town for a rest and a change of scenery.
- While on vacation, focus on your future and set new goals.
- Learn a new sport, take up a new hobby, get a massage at a spa and be good to yourself.
- Pay attention to your children. Remember they are going through adjustments as well.
- Meet new people…you are free!
For additional information, please call my law firm, Robin Roshkind, P.A., for a consultation (561-835-9091) or visit the firm’s website at www.familylawwpb.com.